Zeina, a Lebanese woman living in Dubai, sends her son Karim to stay with her sister in Kherbet Selem – a village in the South of Lebanon – to save him from the bickering of the final stages of her divorce.
A few days later, war breaks out. Desperately worried, Zeina heads to Lebanon, via Turkey to find her son.
But because of the blockade, she cannot reach the port of Beirut until the day of the cease-fire. And only one taxi-driver – Tony – will take her to what is now the decimated South.
At first glance, the two are an unlikely match. Although both are originally from South Lebanon, Tony is a Christian whose brother lives in Israel, and Zeina is Shia… But what difference does it really make?
The quest for the missing child sends them on a journey through the war-ravaged South, where their experience of death and tragic loss eventually brings them together.
All Zones, PAL 16/9
Movie Subtitles: French, English
Release Date: 2006
• The Golden Muhr Award and the Best Film and Best Actress Award at the Festival of Dubai
• EIUC Human Rights Film Award at the Venice Film Festival (2007)
• Critics Award and NETPAC Award Festival in Antalya (2007)
• Sundance Film Festival (2008)
• FIPRESCI International Critics Award Festival Bratislava (2008)
• Best feature film in the One World Media Award in London (2009)